As many of you know, I've written extensively about Entrecard this past week. In fact, Entrecard is pretty much the focus of my last 5 articles including, "10 Simple Ways to Squeeze the Most Out of Entrecard for Your Greater Advantage".
So, Why Am I Doing This?
Well, to take a lesson from one of the guys who everyone seems to quote fanatically, Seth Godin, Entrecard is an idea that spreads and, as Seth says, "ideas that spread, win." (In other words, since I just mentioned him, he supposedly wins.)
One of the reasons I take a small whip to various marketers is that their ideas SOUND cool but they're very often incomplete. For example, Fascism, like Naziism, spread, and that certainly didn't win (right Seth?). Some marketers only see half the story and, in the retelling of it, you only receive one-fourth, or one-eighth, of it. The result is your destruction and hardly ANYONE ever sees that story except you and your loved ones.
So a more enlightened version of Seth's quote might be, "GOOD ideas that spread, win." or "Good, COMPLETE ideas, that spread, win." If he DID say that, then consider me corrected but that's not how his fanatics have "spread" it. But then you get into the realm of the bizarros whose best response is, "Well, who's to say what's good and what isn't?" Well, I just told them... the ones that WIN are the good ideas.
Stupidity Wins Battles; But GOOD Wins The War.
Alright, so here's another IDEA that will spread. All that remains is to find out if it's GOOD...
SAM FREEDOM'S "DROP SQUAD"!
The First Entrecard Meme Known to Bloggers
Entrecard Meme Instructions
With the full realization that these Entrecard meme instructions are being read by some of the most brain-fogged, weary net travelers known to mankind, I am going to keep this VERY, VERY simple. Btw, I say "brain-fogged" for the fact that ever since Entrecard "dropped" onto the scene, it's a fair bet that each of us is seeing, at least, 2-3 times more blogs per day than usual. I would even venture 5-10 times more.
So Here They Are, The Simple Entrecard Meme Instructions
- Read these instructions twice;
- Drop your EntreCard at this site;
- Drop your EntreCard at the 5 EntreCard users' sites listed below;
- Choose 5 other EntreCard users;
- Copy these instructions to your own Entrecard meme article and tag (link) those 5 people;
- Include a link to the Entrecard meme article of the person who tagged you;
- Link to the original article "Sam Freedom's Drop Squad - the First Entrecard Meme Known to Bloggers";
- Notify the people you choose that they've been tagged;
- Comment below so even passers-by can drop their card at your site, too (it shows you are active and will likely return the favor)
- (optional) IF you tag your blogs, use both "entrecard" and "entrecard meme" as tags so that others can find them AND so that we can find them all later as this grows. (If you don't know what tagging is, don't worry.)
The Following Entrecard Users Are Officially Tagged:
1. The Evil Woobie - Being a gorgeous Filipina with brains and heart.. who wouldn't tag her? ;-) Besides, I think she'd stalk me if I neglected to. Go drop your Entrecard on her now and then, if you pray humbly, she may stalk you, too.
2. CyberStreetReport - Reno is working extra hard to unite and encourage bloggers to make this more fun and profitable for all of us. Dropping your Entrecard on Reno will potentially connect you to 100s more like-minded people in the relatively near future. Think you can handle it? ;-)
3. Big Bald Blog - Big Pappa is another go-getter with a great wit and attitude in a friendly, engaging style even though no one, as of yet, has been able to say his blog's name 10 times fast. Go drop your card with Big Pappa so you can be his friend BEFORE he overtakes John Chow on Entrecard's "Most Popular" page.
4. Affiliate Confession - For the uninitiated, affiliate marketing truly CAN be like hell, but Alan doesn't want your soul to go there. So he does cool things like give away a free copy of the BEST Ebay Afilliate Niche Site Builder every once in a while. It might be too late for you to win that now but you can still go drop a card and be in line for the next one.
5. Flaming Lacer - The only thing that prevents this 50-something, self-styled, "grumpy" woman from being the perfect proof that success does not discriminate is that she's white and has all her limbs. But barring that, she provides a warm atmosphere that feels good to everybody (even if she does like Seth Godin). Dropping your card with her will help you to remember that somewhere inside that walled-in city of your internet addiction is a long-forgotten human being named YOU.
Well, there you go... Now Get Droppin'!
ps. Actually, anyone who wishes to be in on the fun and traffic may participate in this meme. And take just a second to sign up to my "controversial" MyBlogLog community, as part of "The Drop Squad"Entrecard, blogging, blog tools, blogging tools, increase website traffic, traffic exchange, web 2.0, social media, social networking, social bookmarking, social news, blog widgets, website traffic, internet marketing, make money, webmaster tools, Entrecard Meme