Follow Me On Twitter

Friday, January 11, 2008

Entrecarders! Chaindrop My Site, Please!

For those of you too young to get the title, "Chaindrop My Site, Please!" it's a spoof on a late, but legendary, comedian, Henny Youngman's, famous line, "Take my wife, please!"

Well, STILL, I see the usual round of blog posts occasionally referring to Entrecard traffic as "junk traffic"...

Well, Are YOU Junk Traffic? Am I Junk Traffic?

Who IS This Junk Traffic?

As an internet marketer, I know that if 3-4% of the people who visit your site purchase something, you're considered a success. If you're getting 6-8% conversion, you're a god.

So it's not only NOT difficult for an internet marketer to APRECIATE all the traffic that comes from Entrecard but it just seems like an episode of "The Twilight Zone" to see so many people without a clue as to just how valuable it REALLY is...

It's situations like these where I chide the naysayers and unabashedly refer to them as such things as "academic retards" - you know, the ones who pull out their charts and their graphs; their slide rules and their stats sheets; and so on and so on until they make some high school level conclusion as to why Entrecard traffic might not be the best traffic and blahblahblahb lahb blahhhh...

IDIOTS...

If they were just sitting in a coffee shop somewhere in East Bumscrew, I wouldn't really pay it much mind but they're all around you and you have to listen to them every single day muddying the waters of what YOU, otherwise, SENSE to be CLEAR and TRUE...

ENTRECARD TRAFFIC is Better than NO TRAFFIC At All

The fact is MOST NEW BLOGGERS GET ZERO TRAFFIC FOR A LONG, LONG TIME AFTER THEY START. But Entrecard has changed all that. Entrecard has allowed people who just started blogging last week to meet all kinds of new people, interact with them and PARTICIPATE in an ECONOMY which, to them, is VERY tangible.

The ONLY Conclusion You Need to Know

So, here's the REAL conclusion you need to understand with every fiber of your being:

You need people who are going to help you learn how you CAN do something.

You DON'T need endless reams of stats and charts pulled up by some amateur problogger wanna-be's telling the OPPOSITE of what you INTRINSICALLY know to be true.

Because there are VERY few role models and examples of people who think-outside-the-box in most of our immediate lives, the "academic idiots" can truly SOUND very bright and their nay-saying can SEEM very tempting to believe. But always, always, always ask yourself, "Does this person really understand my situation?", otherwise, you might find yourself back at square one actually believing,

"Ahhhh, it's so much nicer now without all that junk traffic. I can actually hear the crickets again..."

SO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,
AFTER MOVING MY ENTRECARD WIDGET
TO THE TOP OF THE BLOG....

"CHAINDROP MY SITE, PLEASE!"

If you're new to Entrecard, here's some help:
10 Simple Ways to Squeeze the Most Out of Entrecard for Your Greater Advantage

, , , , , , , , , , , ,


Sam Freedom"s Internet Marketing Controversy Blog

AddThis Social Bookmark ButtonAddThis Social Bookmark ButtonHome

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept your page in my bookmarks even though I used to have to search google to find your entrecard.

Deimos Tel`Arin said...

Hello Sam!

This would be my first time leaving my message on your site. ^_^

Good write up, mate.
I totally agree with ya!

Entrecard is indeed the next big thing since Google came into existence.

Hopefully, it is here to say.

Regarding chain dropping,
I already got two Entrecarders lists for chain droppers:
1. Above Fold Entrecarders List
2. Almost Above Fold Entrecarders List

(Thanks to Turnip's original list)

Gonna compile a new list soon. Duh! Busy busy busy. -_-

Gotta find more time to do all my to do thingies.

Deimos Tel`Arin said...

Oh!
Sorry for double posting!

I forgot to mention that both Sam and Turnip will be in the new list (for chain droppers and fellow Entrecarders) that I am going to compile.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deimos!
I look forward to seeing your list. Everyone's browser is a little different, with font size, tool bars, monitor resolutions and all. That's why I encourage everyone to keep their own bookmarks of favorite sites as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sam. I've had this discussion with quite a few people recently, and have to say I agree 100%.

Anonymous said...

Entrecard it is time to get our clients this service. Thanks for the post.

Stine said...

Hi! And a round of applause from me... Just not arrogant enough to call any kind of traffic junk - I'm sooo happy with Entrecard. See - I commented! Something about the content - hahaha!

Shari Thomas said...

Sam, thanks!

I've been around the Internet since 2001 as far as learning about traffic and traffic driving.

When you're first getting started... there is NO SUCH THING as junk or worthless traffic.

After you've been around for a while, you should be learning how to drive the TRAFFIC YOU WANT to your blog/site. If you're attracting what you consider to be less than ideal traffic... that's your problem.

When you really get good, you'll understand that no matter who finds your site, it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to convert that traffic through your own content.

To me, Entrecard is an absolute goldmine. It's up to me to pan for the gold, and then convert that gold for the highest price.

I say keep Entrecard with as few limits as possible, but please update the stats package to allow for better analysis. With proper analysis, then and only then can you determine traffic quality and what to do about it.

Selene said...

Agreed. People need to start appreciating that they are actually getting traffic. In mathmatical terms one is better than zero, lol.

Alfred Opare Saforo said...

great post sam. entrecard is more than just traffic. Its a community of bloggers playing to an audience of bloggers. If it wasn't for entrecard i would never know you and you wouldn't know me. Amen.

whiplash said...

Quite interesting... thanks for sharing this great information to us.

SERIBU PERNAK PERNIK PONSEL ANDROID said...

FOTO ANITA HARA
SUPPORTER TIMNAS INDONESIA
Jenis jenis Blackberry
Blackberry Messenger Terbaru
Game BB Torch
Blackberry London
Perolehan Medali Sea Games 2011
Waloetz
SERIBU PERNAK PERNIK PONSEL ANDROID

pay per head call center said...

Nice blog, I really apprecialte the way you are sharing your experiences